GET YOUR STREAK ON!!!!
The A Streak is a fundraising challenge in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, whose mission is to treat and cure blood cancers such as: leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and also improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
The goal of this challenge is to complete run streaks of a least 1 mile a day during April, May, June, or July. During this challenge runners will have the opportunity to earn tickets for a virtual raffle by completing the challenges below.
- NEW!!! Complete a run streak of 7 days (1 ticket)
- Complete a Run streak of 30 days (4 tickets)
- Run 45-59 miles in a month (6 tickets)
- Run 60-89 miles in a month (8 tickets)
- Run 90-119 miles in a month (10 tickets)
- Run 120+ miles in a month (14 tickets)
- Complete consecutive run streaks (1 Patch)
The Prizes to be raffled off are as follows
- NYC Marathon Bib w/ 3 nights hotel stay
- Philadelphia Marathon Bib
- 2 - Northface Endurance Challenge Marathon Relay Bibs
- 5 - $200 donations toward fundraisers of your choice.
- 3 - Mighty Audio Players
- 6 - Roosport Beltless Running Pockets
- 2 - Aftershokz Wireless Headphones
Don’t want to Streak!? No streakin problem! Donate at the link below to contribute to reaching our fundraising goals!
1. Every 3 minutes someone is diagnosed with blood cancer in the United States.
2. Thanks to research and access to better treatments, survival rates for many blood cancer patients have multiplied since 1960. But today still more than 1 out of 3 patients do not survive blood cancer past their 5th year after diagnosis, and that number jumps to 4 out of 5 for Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
3. In 2017, LLS provided 339 patients with in-depth clinical trial navigation and support, while also reaching nearly 6,000 patients and caregivers through LLS Community, an online social network that provides education and support.