GET YOUR STREAK ON!!!!
The A Streak is a fundraising challenge in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, whose mission is to treat and cure blood cancers such as: leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and also improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
The goal of this challenge is to run at least 1 mile a day during either April, May, or June. The top 10 runners each month + 2 wildcards will qualify for a 32 person tournament in the final month (July) to compete for prizes including:
During this challenge runners will also have the opportunity to earn rewards by completing the challenges below.
- Complete a run streak of 30 days or longer (Raffle Entry for prizes)
- Run 130+ miles during a 30 day run streak (1 Patch)
- Complete consecutive run streaks (1 Patch)
- Holding longest run streak - tie breaker most miles (Free Reward)
- Best run streak IG photo (Free Reward)
- Finishing as a top 10 runner for the month (Tournament Entry)
Don’t want to Streak!? No streakin problem! Donate at the link below to contribute to reaching our fundraising goals!
1. Every 3 minutes someone is diagnosed with blood cancer in the United States.
2. Thanks to research and access to better treatments, survival rates for many blood cancer patients have multiplied since 1960. But today still more than 1 out of 3 patients do not survive blood cancer past their 5th year after diagnosis, and that number jumps to 4 out of 5 for Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
3. In 2017, LLS provided 339 patients with in-depth clinical trial navigation and support, while also reaching nearly 6,000 patients and caregivers through LLS Community, an online social network that provides education and support.